I gave up on Station because initially it seemed impossible. Recently, I decided to revisit Station and the first time I played, it was obvious that the strategy I had previously used was seriously flawed. My new strategy uses the initial center planet as a sacrificial lamb to get the opponents attacking each other while I build up strength. After that all that was needed was to time my attacks and to launch them in such a way as to keep the opponents from attacking my planets.
My best times have come in situations like this video where one of the opponents wins the battle for the center planet. When that happens you really need the other opponent to attack that center planet soon enough or you will be attacked, and then it is game over.
- From 0:00 to 1:14, double your initial planet and capture both of the double planets adjacent to you. When your opponents attack and destroy your center double, you want to have the outside double planets balanced in the number of units each has.
- From 1:15 to 1:38, green wins the the battle for the center double. Now, if orange doesn’t attack that center green double soon enough, green will attack one of your planets. That is why at 1:28 I start attacking the top green double planet. I want green to send reinforcements there. Since there is a moving planet approaching that green double, green will have somewhere to unload the excess units. If you allow green to send the reinforcements into the center section, its almost guaranteed that one of your planets will be attacked.
- From 1:39 to 1:55, when orange starts attacking the center green double, send about half of the units from each of your planets into the vicinity of the green double planets. At this point you are just preparing for the attack.
- From 1:56 to 2:04, when green launches a counter attack on the center planet you want to attack and destroy all of the green planets it its fast section. Then capture the singleton to block green from retreating.
- From 2:05 to 2:12, now you want to send all of the units from both of your double planets into the vicinity of the orange double planets.
- From 2:13 to 2:21, when you have enough units in position, attack and destroy the orange double planets.
- From 2:22 to 2:26, time to destroy the remaining green planet. At about 2:18 I mistakenly send some of the units from the singleton blockading green. That was fortunate, as I was so intent on destroying orange that I forgot about green. With the center planet unoccupied, I should have attacked green at about 2:13 to prevent it from capturing the center planet.
Now all that is left is destroying the few remaining planets. When you are fortunate like I was here, neither of the moving planets will be occupied by an opponent. It can take quite a while to destroy one of those.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.