This is the same strategy as used in a previous post on Quadrants. It doesn’t play out the same, but that is due to how the opponents react. There are two places in this video that I considered giving up and starting over and instead I continued just to see how it would turn out. The opponents made up for this in the later stages of the game by doing exactly what I needed them to do.
- From 0:00 to 0:01, double your initial planet.
- From 0:02 to 0:20, your goal here is to get both orange and purple to capture the single planets between them and green. Start by sending some units towards the top, then send some units out to the left. Use the units you sent to the top to attack the single planet adjacent to orange. Then, use the units you sent to the left to attack the single planet adjacent to purple. When one of your opponents directs their units to the single planet adjacent to green, redirect all of your units to the single planet adjacent to the other opponent. If orange and purple do anything except capture the planets adjacent to green, start over.
- From 0:21 to 0:23, attack your back double planet. Green is thinking about sending its units through the wormhole to capture this planet, this will make green give up on that idea. If green sends units through the wormhole prior to this, start over.
- From 0:24 to 0:25, promote your planet to triple.
- From 0:26 to 0:30, capture your double planet.
- From 0:31 to 0:43, capture the single planet adjacent to purple. You can capture on the orange side if you wish, I’ve just grown accustomed to doing it this way. This is the first place I almost started over. I redirected units towards promoting my double planet too soon and didn’t capture the single planet as I should have.
- From 0:44 to 0:45, promote your double planet.
- From 0:46 to 0:50, at this point, I prefer if green attacks the purple single planet. In this case, green attacks orange instead. When green attacks purple, you can mass your units near the purple triple planet prior to destroying it. In this case, you need to wait till you have enough units to attack purple.
- From 0:51 to 1:04, attack the purple single planet. This should get purple to send reinforcements there. When purple sends the reinforcements, destroy and capture the purple triple planet. If, at this point purple uses its units to defend the plant you are destroying, or attacks the planet after you capture it, start over.
- From 1:05 to 1:10, promote the planet you just captured all the way to triple. Just prior to completing this, purple attacked my single planet with units from its double planet. This was the second point where I almost started over.
- From 1:11 to 1:19, use an attack on the orange triple planet to get orange to send reinforcements from its single planet. In this case, that didn’t work.
- From 1:20 to 1:28, since that didn’t work, destroy the purple double planet. Just prior to destroying the purple planet I use an attack on the orange triple again, and this time it gets orange to reinforce.
- From 1:29 to 1:32, this is what we’ve been working for. Orange has most of its units on its triple planet, green has just captured the single planet adjacent to orange and orange decides to use all of those units to attack green. While this is happening, send your units through the wormhole so they end up behind orange.
- From 1:33 to 1:40, now that orange is attacking green use units from your initial enclave to attack and destroy the orange single planet. Simultaneously, use the units in the wormhole behind orange to destroy its double planet.
- From 1:41 to 1:45, use the units left over from the previous step to destroy the orange triple planet. While this is happening, purple is trying to capture its double planet you previously destroyed. You can’t let that happen.
- From 1:46 to 1:50, send the mass of units left from destroying the orange triple to a point near the green triple planet. At the same time, start sending units from your initial enclave through the wormhole so they end up behind green. At this time you are also starting to attack the remaining purple planet.
- From 1:51 to 1:53, attack and destroy the green triple.
- From 1:54 to 1:59, while still attacking the purple single planet, attack and destroy the green double.
One of the lucky things that happened in this video is green was able to destroy the orange planet for me, just prior to me destroying green.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.