To get a really good time in Phases you need several things to happen. First you need an approach where you initially capture as many planets as possible. Your opponents being sluggish and not capturing as many planets as possible certainly helps. Second, you need to develop a feel for when the walls will change and time how you pre-position units. Third, you need luck in how your opponents attack each other. And lastly, you need patience so you initiate your final attack at the correct time.
All of these are shown in the video.
- From 0:00 to 0:36, initially you just want to capture your three planets to build up your forces.
- From 0:37 to 0:42, after capturing all of your planets, if at least one of your opponents hasn’t captured their double planet, you can attack that planet through the wall to try to prevent them from capturing it. In this case I attacked the orange double planet and was lucky that green didn’t attack its double planet soon enough to capture it.
- From 0:43 to 1:03, now you can capture the three remaining singleton planets. Then get as many units out as possible.
- From 1:04 to 1:18, you want to keep getting the units off of the three singleton planets, all of these units will be put to good use later on.
- From 1:19 to 1:24, now you want to build up your units on your bottom double planet in preparation for when the walls change.
- From 1:25 to 1:45, green and orange are going to attack, and will usually attack each other in some way. The best for a low score is what happens in this video where they each end up capturing the double planet in the others box. While they are doing that, you want to get the units you previously peeled off and position them inside of greens box, then after green destroys and captures the orange double planet, you want to send all of your units into the orange box. Do not attack any planet, you are sending them to a point beyond the wall, so when the wall comes down, they will end up boxed in with orange. Additionally you need to get the units off of your top two planets, these will be used for attacking the singletons later on.
You are now set up with enough units to destroy your opponents, all you need to do now is wait till they attack each other and then you can clean up what is left.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.