For a long time I believed the best time possible on March was around 2:48. The only way I could imagine getting a better time was being lucky enough for orange and green to wipe each other out on the top triple planet. This actually happened to me a couple of times, but I was never in position to take advantage.
My revelation was that I had a lot of units that were getting wiped out by the shock wave, why not send them to the top and put them to good use. I settled on the approach shown here, where I capture the two singletons on the next to top level. This blocks orange and greens advance and makes it likely that they will attack each other.
- From the 0:00 to 0:27, After capturing a planet and doubling up your initial planet, just bide your time until your opponents make their move. If either orange or greens move is to double up their initial planet, you may as well give up on the game. In this video, my initial move is to the orange side, when that is the case, the later that green doubles its initial planet, the better.
- From 0:27 to 0:35, you first attack the orange initial planet, when orange moves its units into a defensive position, you remove the attack. This usually causes the orange units to snap back into its planet as it attempts to promote to a double. This is the best time to destroy that planet.
- From 0:35 to 0:40, here you want to capture and promote the orange planet you just destroyed. You have to be careful not to send to many units from your double planet prior to green promoting its double planet. If you make your double too weak, green will attack.
- From 0:40 to 0:47, After green doubles up, go all out to get your planet captured and promoted to double.
- From 0:47 to 0:59, peel off as many units as possible while leaving your center double planet with enough units to discourage green from attacking.
- From 0:59 to 1:03, it starts getting busy here. First you have to get all your units from your double planets up to the singleton. As you are doing this, you also need to send the spare units you peeled off up towards the top of the screen. Then after those spare units are high enough to not hit any orange units, you send them to capture the singleton on the next to top level on greens side. Your first block is on green instead of orange because green usually is more advanced at this point.
- From 1:03 to 1:07, you build up your units on your singleton, then when green moves his units to avoid the shock wave, it’s time to attack and capture his singleton.
- From 1:07 to 1:24, peel off as many units as possible while also capturing the singleton above the orange side.
- From 1:24 to 1:47, this is time to build up your forces on the bottom row singleton. The attempt here is to get green to attack your bottom center double, which will make his double vulnerable. At the same time you are looking for the correct time to attack greens top right double planet.
- From here on out it’s just destroy the planets as best you can, while trying to prevent either opponent from capturing another planet
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.