The way to get a good time in Floodgate is to limit the options for your opponents and get them to attack each other.
- From 0:00 to 0:16, promote your initial planet all the way to triple.
- From 0:17 to 0:20, attack the center double planet through the wall. Here you are trying to get both opponents to give up on capturing that planet and instead promote the planets within their enclave.
- From 0:21 to 0:33, as soon as the walls come down, redirect your units to capture and promote your double planet.
- From 0:34 to 0:41, now capture one of the single planets, in this video I chose the single planet on the orange side.
- From 0:42 to 1:03, you want to use this time with everyone enclosed in their enclave as an opportunity to move your opponents into position where they will be more likely to attack each other. To that end, build your units on your front double planet then about 6 or 7 seconds before they walls come down, alternately attack your opponents front double planet to get them to send reinforcements to the front of their enclave. Just before the walls come down, stop your attacks.
- From 1:04 to 1:06, as soon as the walls come down, use the mass of units that have built up on the single planet to attack the unoccupied single planet on the opposite side. This is to get green to give up on that planet and instead to send all of it units to capture the center double. If everything is timed right that will prompt orange to go after the bottom double planet.
- From 1:07 to 1:16, this doesn’t always work this way, but often enough green will use its mass of units on the center single planet to attack the weakened orange double planet. As soon as green attacks orange, redirect all of your units to attack and destroy both planets in the green enclave.
- From 1:17 to 1:24, orange sees the empty planets you just destroyed and starts attacking one of them. You need to use your units to both block that attempt and to hopefully have enough units to destroy the bottom orange planet.
- From 1:25 to 1:44, to get a really good time, you need to destroy that bottom orange planet before the walls come down.
After the walls come down you should just have a couple of weakened planets left to destroy.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.