Excise is difficult, but there is a way to get a good time. One of the keys tactics I use in Auralux is to initiate an attack that I have no intention of completing. The purpose of these attacks are to get an opponent to move their units in a way that is advantageous to me. That is the way to tilt the odds in your favor in Excise.
- From 0:00 to 0:40, after doubling the initial planet, position your units where you can attack and capture one of the doubles inside the minefields. The reason for positioning them in this way, is your attack will take them through the thinnest part of the minefields, and you will lose less of your units.
- From 0:41 to 1:05, the double you just captured will produce enough units to regenerate itself after the gamma rays. However, if you capture and promote the other minefield double, there will not be enough time to produce the units for it to regenerate. For that reason you should just position your units to prepare for after the gamma rays come through.
- From 1:06 to 1:15, after the gamma rays you want to capture and promote both of the minefield doubles.
- From 1:16 to 1:29, if orange or green are keeping a mass of units on their singleton, you can’t do this, but if like here they are capturing their minefield doubles, then you can start peeling of units that will be used later.
- From 1:30 to 2:10, the objective here is to not allow your opponents to just mass their units inside the protection of their minefields. You want them out and attacking each other. Besides the obvious benefit from them attacking each other, you also have the benefit of them wearing down their minefields so that later on you will have an open path to attack them.
- From 2:11 to 2:34, after the gamma rays, I recapture the minefield doubles, but I don’t promote them. If things don’t develop quickly in my favor then I’ll go ahead and promote them.
- From 2:35 to 2:53, once they are attacking each other in the center arena, you need to get some units in position to attack.
- From 2:54 to 3:02, after waiting for them to attack each other, it is time to start wiping out some opponents. At 3:00 I was very fortunate that green continued its counter attack against orange, quite often that isn’t the case.
- From 3:03 to 3:15, once orange joins the fray in the arena, its time to position your units for an eventual attack on orange. The attack on green at 3:14 is an intended to prompt orange to join in, when that happens we are entering the end game.
After the gamma rays pass, you just need to destroy your opponents in the best way possible.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.