I had done okay on Drill, getting times under 1:50, but I just couldn’t do any better. Then, I had an idea. What if I could set up a blockade where I could make it more likely that the opponents would attack each other. At first glance, Drill doesn’t seem to be amenable to a blockade. But, it turns out you can, and it works very well.
- From 0:00 to 0:07, wait a couple of seconds and then send your units towards the double planet between you and one of your opponents. I always go towards orange, but this strategy should work either way. If anything happens other than green attacking the double nearest orange and green promoting their planet, then start over.
- From 0:08 to 0:13, send units from your single planet towards the bottom left. You are preparing to attack the single planet moving towards orange. When that attack is over we want to be able to use some of those units against green.
- From 0:14 to 0:23, right now, orange can send its units to the moving planet. The final piece of the blockade is to deny that planet to orange. To do this, use all the units you’ve sent from the single planet and all the units on the single planet to attack the single planet moving towards orange.
- From 0:24 to 0:27, as soon as the planet moves back into the force field redirect those units to now attack the green planet adjacent to orange. Doing this seems to encourage orange to attack green.
- From 0:28 to 0:36, as soon as orange starts attacking green you need to start positioning your units adjacent to the orange double planet and the green planet closest to you. Split the units that are wrapped around the force field between these two destinations.
- From 0:37 to 0:40, in order to prevent green from sending reinforcements to its double planet that is under attack, use the units you’ve positioned near the green planet and use the attack and release move to get it to absorb those units into the planet.
- From 0:41 to 0:44, continue positioning your units near the orange and green planets.
- From 0:45 to 0:48, when it appears that orange will finally be destroying the green double planet, you need to attack and destroy orange. When attacking orange, first send your units to a point past the orange double. Only attack and destroy it when your units surround the planet. this allows orange to keep sending units towards green for the longest possible time.
- From 0:49 to 0:54, now you need to get all of your units over into the vicinity of the remaining green planet.
All that is left now is to attack and destroy the remaining green planet. In this video I was fortunate that my attack on orange came when it had sent just the right number of units to destroy green. Also, just prior to the green double planet being destroyed, green sent reinforcements that would arrive too late. This made the remaining green planet easier to destroy.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.