My initial approach to Crush was to capture all of my planets and then mass my units and attack, destroy and capture the rear green planet prior to the shock wave passing. It had to be the green rear planet, since the orange rear planet is not as accessible.
This new approach came about partially from trying something new and partially from making a mistake in what I was trying to do. In my previous approach with Crush, after the shock wave passed it was only me and orange, and orange would nave more units than me since I had just used mine in destroying green. The something new I tried was destroying the orange double planet prior to the shock wave passing, then using my remaining units to destroy or at least degrade the green double planet. This worked really well and I got my best time ever.
Then one time while destroying the orange double planet, I accidentally captured it. I thought of giving up at that point, but I’m glad I didn’t since I set another low time for myself. With this approach orange has to do some work to destroy the planet I captured, and then it captures and promotes that planet, using up some more units. Because of this orange is depleted after the shock wave passes. In this weakened state it is much easier to destroy.
- From 0:00 to 0:40, the initial captures.
- From 0:41 to 0:56, position your units for an attack on the green rear double planet. When the shock wave gets close you need to destroy and capture the planet. Then you need to get any extra units out of there before the shock wave destroys them.
- From 0:57 to 1:12, now you want to mass your units in preparation for taking out and capturing the orange double planet.
- From 1:13 to 1:18, when orange makes a move to defend the center triple planet, you need to destroy and capture its double planet.
- From 1:19 to 1:24, now you want to destroy the green double planet. More likely than not you won’t be able to destroy it, but you’ll be able to weaken it enough so that it is easier to destroy after the shock wave passes.
- From 1:25 to 1:41, you want to take out all of the green planets.
At this point it is you against a weakened orange. I start by attacking the rear double planet first as that has worked best for me.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.