My strategy for Convoy is reliant on the first move for green being capturing an orbiting planet and making it possible to capture all of the stationary planets on the left side fairly easily. I’ve tried many different approaches to accomplish this. The approach in this video seems to work the best. I believe by first capturing the single planet that green may attack and then using units from my two planets to attack the double planet next to green, it becomes more likely that green will wait long enough for the orbiting planets to come within its reach.
- From 0:00 to 0:15, capture the center single planet and then send units from both of your planets to the double planet next to green. If green does anything other than wait for the orbiting planets, I start over.
- From 0:16 to 0:19, as soon as green sends it units to the orbiting planet, you want to try to keep orange from capturing one of the orbiting planets just passing its position. Here I do this by first attacking the front double, then by attacking the rear double planet.
- From 0:20 to 0:32, as soon as orange gives up on the orbiting planets, go ahead and capture the two remaining planets on your side.
- From 0:33 to 0:49, now you want to gather a mass of units near green. When you get enough units, use the attack and release method to get green to attempt to promote its planet to a double. As soon as that happens, attack, destroy, and capture the green planet. At 0:41, purple attacks the orbiting green planets. Without this attack I would have had to attack green when it came around to my position, so this was one of the keys to the time I achieved.
- From 0:50 to 1:08, now you want to capture any unoccupied planets in the center. This is to make you stronger and to deny those planets to your opponents.
- From 1:09 to 1:18, another key to the time here was that neither orange nor green were able to capture a planet on the orbiting doubles just passing them. To try and prevent orange from doing so at this point, I attack first the front planet, then the rear.
- From 1:19 to 1:44, now that the orbiting planets are out of the reach of orange, its time to go on an all out attack and destroy the orange and purple double planets.
From here all you need to do is destroy the remaining planets as quickly as possible.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.