This is the same strategy I used on a previous post on Shelter. While editing the video for that previous post I realized that that by changing the strategy for the end game it should be possible to destroy both opponents when the first gamma ray burst comes through. That is what happens in this video.
- From 0:00 to 0:09, send slightly more than half of your units to the double planet adjacent to green. Then continually send your remaining units to the double adjacent to orange. When one of the planets sends its units to capture another planet, start sending all of your units to the double planet adjacent to the other opponent.
- From 0:10 to 0:16, this part is a little tricky. You want to finish the capture of the double planet you sent all of your units to, in this video that is the one adjacent to orange. While that is being captured, send units from you initial planet to the side opposite of the double you are capturing. In this video that calls for sending the units to the green side.
- From 0:17 to 0:24, start attacking the center planet. What you are trying to do is to remove that planet as an option for both of your opponents. If you have to, retreat and attack again as is done in this video. Usually when green gives up on capturing that planet it will send units from both of its planets to capture a planet on the gamma ray line. In this video it partially captures two planets which is even better.
- From 0:25 to 0:28, keep attacking the center planet. Now that green has given up on it, you want orange to attack and destroy the green planet just below the center one you are attacking.
- From 0:29 to 0:52, mass your units on both the orange and green sides to prepare to attack your opponents double planets. You are going to use the attack and release method to get them to absorb their extra units in an attempt to double their planet.
- From 0:53 to 1:05, now you want to degrade all of your opponents and any partially captured planets. Don’t attack their planets directly, instead send your units to a point past their planet so you can destroy the units around their planet. Also, send enough units to the partially captured planets so they won’t have enough to reconstitute a planet after the gamma ray burst.
I believe this is either the fastest time possible on Shelter, or very close to it. But I’ve thought that on other levels only to find that a different strategy would make a better time possible.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.