Excise is difficult, but there is a way to get a good time. One of the key tactics I use in Auralux is to initiate an attack that I have no intention of completing. The purpose of these attacks are to get an opponent to move their units in a way that is advantageous to me. That is the way to tilt the odds in your favor in Excise.
- From 0:00 to 0:35, after doubling the initial planet, position your units where you can capture and promote one of the doubles inside the minefields. The reason for positioning them in this way, is your attack will take them through the thinnest part of the minefields, and you will lose less of your units.
- From 0:36 to 1:05, the double you just captured will produce enough units to regenerate itself after the gamma rays. However, if you capture and promote the other minefield double, there will not be enough time to produce the units for it to regenerate. For that reason you should just position your units to prepare for after the gamma rays come through. At 0:59 I use an attack on the orange double to get it to send reinforcements. After getting all of these units on the orange single planet, it will sometimes enable it to capture the bottom right planet in the path of the gamma rays.
- From 1:06 to 1:13, after the gamma rays you want to capture and promote both of the minefield doubles.
- From 1:16 to 1:27, if orange or green are keeping a mass of units on their single planet, you can’t do this, but if like here they are capturing their minefield doubles, then you can start peeling of units that will be used later.
- From 1:27 to 2:10, the objective here is to not allow your opponents to just mass their units inside the protection of their minefields. You want them out and attacking each other. Besides the obvious benefit from them attacking each other, you also have the benefit of them wearing down their minefields so that later on you will have an open path to attack them. At 1:38 green attacks my initial planet through the minefields. I used to start over when this happens. Now I think this causes the opponents to become unbalanced, which can be a good thing.
- From 2:11 to 2:15, after the gamma rays, recapture and promote the minefield doubles.
- From 2:16 to 2:26, since orange is stronger than green its the opponent we want to attack first. Get your mass of units and most of the excess units from your initial planet and move them to the top of the screen near orange.
- From 2:27 to 3:01, to no avail I keep using attacks on the orange single planet in an attempt to get orange to send reinforcements. Failing that, I move the mass of units over near the first orange planet I plan to attack, which is its unprotected double planet.
- From 3:02 to 3:08, I use one last attack on the orange single planet and orange finally sends reinforcements. Fortunately for me, orange uses that mass of reinforcements to attack deep into green territory instead of attacking my position.
- From 3:09 to 3:15, time to start taking out orange, starting with its unprotected double planet and then its double planet in the top minefield.
After the gamma rays pass, start your all out attack and destroy your remaining opponents in the fastest way possible.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.