Sometimes when something doesn’t go your way, you end up learning something that leads to a new strategy. That was the case with Steep. I always tried to trigger the supernova, then one time when I attacked it, both of my opponents attacked as well. This really screwed up triggering the supernova, but after some time I started using that in a strategy where I get the opponents to attack, then remove my attack and let them wipe out each other. This is when my times started to really improve.
- From 0:00 to 0:14, promote your initial planet all the way to triple.
- From 0:15 to 0:27, capture one of the double planets in your enclave. You don’t want to promote this one to double yet.
- From 0:28 to 0:40, capture and promote the other planet in your enclave.
- From 0:41 to 0:58, this is the key. What you want is to mass enough units so that when you attack the supernova you can prompt your opponents to attack to keep you from triggering it. When your opponents have started building up units on their planet adjacent to your enclave, attack the supernova. Don’t allow your mass of units to pass through the minefields. If your opponents don’t take the bait, send your units back to the triple. Keep this up until both of your opponents attack the supernova. If your opponents attack you instead, start over.
- From 0:59 to 1:14, promote your double then send all of your units back to the triple and give your opponents another couple of fake attacks on the supernova to prompt them to send their units there. What you are doing here is getting your opponents to throw away units while you are building up enough to trigger the supernova.
- From 1:15 to 1:20, send your mass of units towards the bottom right double planet. You don’t want to capture that planet, you just want your units to pass over the supernova without prompting your opponents to send their units there. As soon as your mass of units is passing over the supernova, attack and trigger the supernova.
- From 1:21 to 1:35, peel units off the bottom of the supernova and use them to capture the bottom right double planet. When your opponents start attacking the two unoccupied planets, gather all of the supernova units into the center to keep your opponents from destroying some of these units.
How you proceed from there depends on your opponents. Here, I attack green first. I’m surprised at 1:54 when green attacks all the way across the board. This was a key to the time achieved in this video as it made it easier to wipe out all the green planets, while leaving enough units to take care of orange.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.