The games on the gamma rays constellation usually have an end game where you weaken the opponents enough so that the gamma ray burst destroys them and without enough units left to capture a planet, the game is over. This usually results in times that are clustered around the gamma ray bursts. Waylay is no different. If you can keep your opponents from capturing too many planets, and get them to throw away units with partial captures and failed attempts at promoting a planet, then you can win Waylay when the first gamma ray burst comes through.
- From 0:00 to 0:18, double your initial planet and then capture one of the single planets adjacent to it. I always capture the single planet on the orange side, but either side should work.
- From 0:19 to 0:23, start sending units up to the top of the screen so that they go over the planet that orange will be trying to capture. When orange does try to capture the planet, send your units there to prevent the capture.
- From 0:24 to 0:35, your goal here is to prevent both green and orange from capturing another planet. Additionally, you want to degrade their partial captures down to less than half. This is because at the end when the gamma rays destroy the planets, as long as an opponent has enough units left that would complete a capture on one of the partially captured planets, the game will not end.
- From 0:36 to 0:44, now you need to get your opponents to waste their units by absorbing them into their planets in an attempt to promote the planets. Do this by gathering a mass of units on each side.
- From 0:45 to 0:51, now use the attack and release method on both of the planets closest to you. As soon as you release your attack, send the units to the top where they can be used against the other planets. Also, during this time you want to send any new units towards the top of the screen where they can be available for the end game.
- From 0:52 to 0:56, use the attack and release method on both of the top planets.
- From 0:57 to 1:05, now use your units to attack all of the planets. Unlike a normal attack where you are trying to destroy a planet, you don’t want that here. The gamma ray burst will destroy the planets for you, what you want is for your units to destroy the units around your opponents so there won’t be enough left to reconstitute a planet after the burst.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.