When you first start playing Nitre you probably fell into the same trap I did and made sure you captured all of the planets in your spoke and the three planets on your side of the white hole. I did that for quite a while before I realized that since I had to trigger the white hole to get a good time, maybe I should start looking for how I could trigger it in shortest time possible. The method used in this video is one of the fastest methods I’ve found.
The other thing on Nitre that really affects your time is that on occasion one of your opponents will take forever before they make their first move. Usually it is green that does this. Your best times will come when an opponent waits this long to capture or promote a planet. This makes them much weaker and easier to destroy when you trigger the white hole.
- From 0:00 to 0:09, double your initial planet. Then wait while you build up some units. If both of your opponents make a move by capturing another planet or promoting their initial planet, then start over.
- From 0:10 to 0:17, capture the double planet in your spoke. you still have to have at least one of your opponents that hasn’t made its initial move. If that isn’t the case, start over.
- From 0:18 to 0:27, capture the last planet in your spoke, the one closest to the white hole.
- From 0:28 to 0:40, build up your units on your planet closest to the white hole.
- From 0:41 to 0:55, I attack the unoccupied planet just in front of orange. This was to try to get orange to promote its planet to a double. Don’t capture that planet. Instead, redirect all of your units to the white hole. Keep sending your units into the white hole until it is triggered.
- From 0:56 to 0:59, if you are as fortunate as I was here and green is still on its initial planet, use units from the white hole to destroy green before it starts capturing other planets. I start out attacking the planet in front of green in an attempt to keep green from capturing it. When your units get close enough to green, attack it.
- From 1:00 to 1:04, when the white hole has built up enough units adjacent to the orange double planet, go ahead and destroy it while you also continue attacking and destroying the green double.
From here you only have a few orange planets left to destroy and you have enough units from the white hole to make destroying them possible.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.