This new strategy for Ruin starts the same as my previous post on Ruin. However, the endgame is different. After the gamma ray burst comes through, I set up a blockade that makes it possible for the two remaining opponents to attack and seriously degrade each other, making it possible to to destroy them before the next gamma ray burst comes through.
- From 0:00 to 0:19, after doubling up the initial planet, start attacking the double planet that green will try to capture. Before your units get to this planet, remove the attack and instead move back and forth around the planet to keep the units in close proximity for when green makes its move. When green does attack, you attack to prevent it from capturing the planet. Then send enough units to degrade the partial capture that green has on the planet.
- From 0:19 to 0:20, use attacks on the single planets in front of purple and orange to encourage them to give up on those single planets and instead promote their rear planets. You want those single planets later and getting purple and orange to promote their rear planets makes it more likely they’ll be available to you. If either orange or purple make a partial capture of their single planet, start over.
- From 0:21 to 0:39, capture and promote the double planet next to your initial planet.
- From 0:40 to 0:46, send some units to a position near orange. These units will be used to attack orange later on.
- From 0:47 to 0:53, position some units for an attack on green.
- From 0:54 to 0:55, use the attack and release method to get orange to promote its planet.
- From 0:56 to 1:01, use the attack and release method on the green rear planet and then the green front planet. Since this is happening just before the gamma rays come along and wipe out all planets, green should not have enough units to recapture these two planets after the gamma rays. If green is able to capture a planet after the gamma ray burst, start over.
- From 1:02 to 1:05, you want to capture the single planets in front of orange and purple right after the gamma ray burst. Send your mass of units near the top of the screen to the single planet in front of orange and the rest of your units to the single planet in front of purple.
- From 1:06 to 1:09, after the gamma ray burst, redirect some of the units going towards the single planet in front of purple to go to the single planet in front of orange instead.
- From 1:10 to 1:11, when both of your opponents have reconstituted themselves, redirect the units still going towards the single planet in front of orange to a point above that planet. Experience has taught me that when your opponents have rebuilt themselves and are ready to attack, they will almost always attack the planet you are still sending units to. If either of your opponents attack one of your planets, start over.
- From 1:12 to 1:22, all of my best times have come when orange doubles its front planet and purple doesn’t double up either of its planets. When that happens purple if very likely to attack orange as it does here. When purple attacks orange, start building up all of your units onto the single planet adjacent to purple. When purple has destroyed the orange double, destroy the purple planet.
- From 1:23 to 1:33, orange has a partial capture on its planet that was just destroyed. That is why I attack orange first, we can’t let orange finish capturing that planet. Gather your units and use the attack and release method to get orange to attempt to promote its planet, then attack and destroy it.
- From 1:34 to 1:42, use some units to prevent purple from capturing another planet as you are attacking and destroying its last planet.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.