This is a similar strategy to the one used in a previous post on Polarity. Though it is similar, there are many changes. Starting with moving units around to protect the initial planet and an additional capture in the beginning. The big changes are towards the end game when units are brought to the bottom of the board and the green triple is destroyed and captured.
- From 0:00 to 0:05, capture the single planet adjacent to orange. You can flip this strategy and start against green. I do that occasionally, but I’m used to attacking orange first and do that most of the time.
- From 0:06 to 0:20, move units from your two planets to the vicinity of the single planet below orange. After orange moves to capture this planet, start attacking it with units from both of your planets. When orange sends reinforcements from its top planet, send all of your units to your top single planet. Just prior to the walls changing over, use all of your units and attack the top left double planet. Doing this will usually get green to give up on that planet and send units from its single planet to try to promote its initial planet. As soon as green sends units towards its bottom planet, capture the remaining single planet on the top row. If your opponents don’t behave as they do in this video, where their units are blocked by the wall, preventing them from capturing or promoting a planet, then start over.
- From the 0:21 to 0:42, start out by preparing your units for an attack on orange. Send units from all of your planets to a point above your top right single planet. Build up your units for about 10 seconds, then use the attack and release method to get orange to attempt to promote to double. Then attack the orange double with all of your units. As that attack is continuing, get your units from the crook in the wall and send them between the horizontal wall and the orange single planet. As soon as those units get into the right column, attack the top right orange planet with all of your units.
- From 0:43 to 0:45, as soon as the walls change, use all of the units from your 3 planets in the center column and attack the top left double planet. If you have strong enough of an attack, you can get green to give up on that planet and send units from its single planet to promote its triple planet. If green doesn’t react as it does in this video, start over.
- From 0:46 to 0:52, when green sends reinforcements from its single planet, send all of your units towards your top right planet. These units will be blocked by the wall but will be used later in promoting your top right planet all the way to triple.
- From 0:53 to 1:03, when those units clear your top right single planet, start sending units from your 3 planets in the center column towards the top left double planet. These units will be blocked by the wall, but will be used to capture this planet when the walls change.
- From 1:04 to 1:24, when the walls change, promote your triple planet all the way, then capture and promote the top left double planet. Keep sending all of your units to your top left double planet. In this video, green attacks the center planet first and destroys it, this allows orange to attack and partially capture this center planet. This is important as it prevents green from getting so strong in the center column that it will start attacking your top single planets in this phase.
- From 1:25 to 1:46, there is a lot to do in this phase. First, use units from your top two single planets to attack the left green single planet and the right orange single planet through the walls. This will pin the units on those planets and prevent them from attacking you. During this phase you have to keep reinforcing these pins or your opponent will eventually get enough units on their pinned planet to overcome the pin and attack you. You also want to send units from your triple planet to the bottom near the orange double and units from your double planet to the bottom near the green triple. When your mass of units nears the green triple you want to attack, destroy and capture the triple.
- From 1:47 to 1:48, as soon as the walls change send all of your units that are pinning your opponents towards the top of the screen and let your opponents fight over the center triple planet.
- From 1:49 to 1:58, use units from your double and triple planets to attack the bottom right green single planet to get green to send reinforcements there. If those attacks aren’t enough to get green to send the reinforcements, then use the mass of units near the orange double planet to attack the right green single. When the reinforcements are sent, release your attacks. You also want to move the mass of units from your bottom left planet out into the center column, but don’t join them with the mass of units on the other side, these two masses have different purposes and need to remain separate. As green is attacking the orange double, move your rightmost mass of units near the orange double so they will be in position to take out that planet when the green attack is complete.
- From 1:59 to 2:01, now that the center triple planet is out of the way, send your mass of units in the center column down towards the bottom of the screen.
- From 2:02 to 2:06, this is where it all comes together. You have units available for destroying each remaining planets. Use your leftmost mass of units along with those from your bottom planet to attack the left green single planet. Use your rightmost mass of units to destroy the orange double planet. Use the mass of units in the center section to attack the right green single planet.
When the walls change for the last time you’ll only have a few planets left to destroy and enough units in close proximity.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.