I played Relay for a long time before I developed the strategy presented here. The beginning of the strategy was an idea to get orange to throw away some units by preventing it from completing its capture of the orbiting planet. It took quite a while, but that idea finally led to the strategy shown in this video.
- From 0:00 to 0:08, double your initial planet and immediately start sending units towards the orbiting double planet just approaching orange. If green does anything other than send its units to the moving planet approaching its position, or if orange does anything other than send its units towards the moving planet approaching your position, start over.
- From 0:09 to 0:17, collect the units heading towards the moving planet in the center, then send them off to the right of the screen. Start sending units from your planet to the moving planet that orange is trying to capture. You want to send just enough units to prevent orange from capturing the planet.
- From 0:18 to 0:20, send the mass of units from the right of the screen towards the top green single planet. In this video I sent the units to the bottom single planet. That was a mistake that worked. If you look at how the two green planets are arranged at this time, the most likely planet for green to attempt to capture first is the top single. That is what I should have prevented. The continually send units from your planet to the bottom green single planet. This should force green to promote one of its planets. Experience has taught me that it is best if it promotes its initial planet, as it does in this video.
- From 0:21 to 0:24, send the units from your planet to the top left, and send your mass of units from the right back to the top right.
- From 0:25 to 0:29, send units from your initial planet to the top right green single planet and send your mass of units on the right of the screen, to the bottom green single planet.
- From 0:30 to 0:38, when green starts promoting its moving planet, gather your units near the initial green planet, then destroy it.
- From 0:39 to 0:45, bring your units back towards the center. At this point you don’t know where you will need to send units. Orange may send some more units towards its partially captured moving planet approaching your position. Green may send units back to its original station to capture one of those planets. Soon, you’ll need the units on the right side of the screen to destroy green. So, having them centrally located helps for whatever happens. As it becomes obvious that green isn’t going to attack its original position, I move units off to the right.
- From 0:46 to 0:48, I was setting up to try and force orange to double its planet by attacking both of its adjacent single planets. Before I could do that orange partially captures its top single planet. I go ahead and send units to the bottom orange single just to try and keep green from capturing it and that prompts green to use its units to attack orange.
From here, destroy first the green moving planet, then destroy the weakened orange planet.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.