This strategy for Current is centered on orange sending units through the force field to try to capture a planet on the other side. Without that happening, orange is too difficult to destroy. Sometimes I’ve been able to prevent orange from capturing the planet on the other side and I’ve gotten very good times when I do prevent that. In this video I failed in that prevention and got my best time ever.
- From 0:00 to 0:04, capture the double planet between you and orange. This is the planet orange most wants to attack first and you need to deny it to them.
- From 0:05 to 0:18, start sending units towards the single planet just to the left of purple. You don’t want that planet, you just want to encourage purple to give up on it and get purple to capture the the double planet between it and green. If instead, purple captures the single planet to its left, start over. Then, capture the your top right single planet. Just as I capture the single planet, purple attacks the center single planet. If instead, purple attacks its bottom left single planet, start over. We need orange to send its units through the force field to that single planet next to purple. If that doesn’t happen, it will take so long to destroy orange that a good time is impossible.
- From 0:19 to 0:27, orange is waiting to decide does it capture the unoccupied single planet on our side of the screen, or does it send units through the force field to capture the single planet on the other side of the screen. At 0:26 I use units from my top two planets and send them to our unoccupied single planet. This gets orange to give up on that planet and send its units through the force field instead.
- From 0:28 to 0:39, send all of your units to a point above the orange double planet. Use the attack and release method to get orange to promote the planet. I then attack and destroy the orange single planet first. My attempt here was to prevent orange from capturing the single planet on the other side of the force field. In that I failed, and I’m glad I did.
- From 0:40 to 0:57, position your units, then destroy the orange double planet after it attempts to capture another planet. After destroying the orange double, capture it.
- From 0:58 to 1:05, capture the single planet next to the force field.
- From 1:06 to 1:36, start positioning your units at the bottom of the force field. When the opportunity arises, attack and destroy the opponent most likely to be able to capture another planet. In this case that is green.
All that is left is destroying the orange and purple planets. You want to do this in a way that prevents either from capturing another planet.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.