I really liked Solar from the beginning because of the way it models the solar system. Now, playing it wasn’t always fun. Especially when the last opponents to destroy were the inner planets. It could take a very long time with you chasing those fast moving planets around the system.
The strategy I developed was because of chasing those planets at the end of a game. Now I capture all of the inner planets except for Mercury. Because of the way the planets are aligned at the end game, you can have a mass of units ready to take out Mercury by sending the units head on instead of chasing it. This really improves your time in Solar.
- From 0:00 to 0:05, your initial planet is Neptune. Capture Uranus on your first move.
- From 0:06 to 0:30, orange is going to capture Mercury. You want all of the other inner planets and Pluto. Start out by sending some units above the plane of the system, then send those units toward Venus and start sending new units towards Earth. You will be really busy trying to keep your opponents from getting those inner planets and Pluto. You’ll notice that starting at 0:26 I send some units towards Pluto. I’m trying to get orange to give up on both Venus and Pluto and instead start promoting the Sun.
- From 0:31 to 0:36, when orange finally gives up on Venus and Pluto, complete your capture on Venus, while sending some units towards Mars to discourage green from capturing it.
- From 0:37 to 0:43, when you’ve finally captured Venus, start sending most of your units towards Earth, but still send a few units to Mars to discourage green.
- From 0:44 to 0:53, when you’ve captured Earth, send most of your units towards Mars, while sending a few units towards Pluto to discourage orange.
- From 0:54 to 1:01, after capturing Mars, you need to capture Pluto.
- From 1:02 to 1:14, start collecting units on Mars. At this point you are waiting for your opponents to start attacking each other.
- From 1:15 to 1:25, at 1:15 I weaken Venus and prompt an attack by orange. Sensing the Sun is weakened, green attacks. Here your strongholds on Mars and Pluto are perfectly placed so you can first take out Mercury with the mass of units on Mars. Then send those units to destroy Jupiter. At the same time, send the units from Pluto to destroy Saturn.
If you time everything right, and have a little luck, you’ll destroy Jupiter and Saturn, just as they are destroying the Sun.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.