It took a long time to develop this strategy for Swap. I’ve tried many, many different methods, but this method of stunting the progression of orange by denying it the planet it most wants to capture has turned out to be the best. For this to work correctly, you have to deny orange the double it wants to capture, and leave a double out there as bait to get orange to throw away some units.
- From 0:00 to 0:05, promote your planet to double and immediately start attacking the double just below the orange planet. When orange gives up and instead captures its top single planet you can start capturing the lower right single planet in your enclave. Leave the units attacking he orange double in the force field, this will maintain the attack on that double planet and discourage orange from capturing it.
- From 0:06 to 0:24, capture your lower right single planet, then send some more units attacking the orange double planet. Without this, orange will sometimes capture its double planet in spite of the attack you have on it.
- From 0:25 to 0:31, when orange attacks your double planet through the force field, send a few units there to prevent orange from capturing the planet. Then use all of your units to capture your lower left single planet.
- From 0:32 to 0:49, capture and promote your remaining double planet.
- From 0:50 to 0:56, send all of your units out beyond your top right double planet.
- From 0:57 to 0:58, as soon as purple moves units off of its lower left double planet, use your mass of units to attack that planet.
- From 0:59 to 1:00, as soon as purple sends reinforcements to that planet, redirect your attack to the top left green single planet. Without this attack green is likely to attack purple and prevent purple from attacking orange.
- From 1:01 to 1:02, as soon as green sends reinforcements, release your attack.
- From 1:03 to 1:09, attack, destroy, and capture the top right green double planet.
- From 1:10 to 1:20, attack, destroy, and capture the bottom right green double planet.
- From 1:21 to 1:29, attack, destroy, and capture the top left green single planet.
- From 1:30 to 1:39, attack and destroy the bottom left green single planet.
- From 1:40 to 1:41, since purple has just attacked orange and weakened its single planets go ahead and attack the top right purple single planet. As soon as purple sends reinforcements, release your attack.
- From 1:42 to 1:48, gather your units for an assault on purple. Wait until purple attacks orange before you launch your assault.
From here you just need to destroy the purple and then the orange planets in the fastest way possible.
There were several keys to the time got in this video, the biggest came at 1:09. Just as green captured one of the purple planets, purple destroyed and orange planet. This prompted green to attack that unoccupied orange planet. The result of this was that purple could recapture its planets and build up its strength enough to resume its attack on orange. This prevented orange from mounting even a single attack on me in this game.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.