In my previous post on Toll I introduced a new strategy where you encourage the opponent to attack the moving planet. This led to finally getting a time under two minutes. I continued working on this new strategy and have modified it to where it is now possible to get under one minute.
- From 0:00 to 0:05, attack both of the double planets adjacent to orange. What you’re are trying to do is get orange to send its units to the moving planet.
- From 0:06 to 0:09, as soon as orange attacks the moving planet, pull your units back away from the minefield and wait for the moving planet to come into your enclave. When it does, capture the planet. The orange attack will be degraded by the minefield and will not have enough units left to destroy your newly captured planet.
- From 0:10 to 0:21, continually send units to the moving planet. You want it to have as many units as possible when it gets into the orange enclave.
- From 0:22 to 0:25, send units from the moving planet to a point near the top planet in the orange enclave.
- From 0:26 to 0:29, as soon as orange attacks the top planet, use your units to prevent the capture. The more you degrade the planet that orange is attempting the capture, the better.
- From 0:30 to 0:39, when the moving planet comes back into your enclave, start sending units from your original planet to it. What I usually do is when the moving planet is just exiting my enclave is to start sending units from my original planet to attack the partially captured orange planet. This is to encourage orange to send its units to the other planet in its enclave. In this video, orange did that without any prompting by me.
- From 0:40 to 0:48, don’t let your units go back through the minefield. send them off to the side in the orange enclave as you wait for orange to attempt to capture the other planet.
- From 0:49 to 0:57, when it seems that orange is just about to capture the other planet, attack orange with units from both of your planets.
If you are fortunate like I was here, you’ll have enough units to destroy the orange planet. If not, continue attacking and you should be able to destroy the orange planet when the moving planet comes back into the orange enclave.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.