The best times in Myopia come when both of your opponents make their initial capture on the same side. This gives you the chance to capture all of the planets on the other side and makes it more likely that your opponents will attack each other instead of you.
- From 0:00 to 0:13, double your initial planet. Now you want orange and green to capture a planet on the same side, leaving the other side for you. What I usually do is make alternate attacks on the planets on one side in an attempt to get the opponents to go to the other side. In this video, just as I begin the first attack, both opponents move to capture planets on the same side. I just send my units to the other side.
- From 0:14 to 0:28, now you want to capture both of the planets accessible to you on the other side.
- From 0:29 to 0:50, once you have captured both of the double planets, you want to capture both of the single planets that are now visible. Attacking both of them simultaneously prevents an opponent from capturing one of them.
- From 0:51 to 1:00, as soon as you’ve captured both single planets, you need to promote the two double planets.
- From 1:01 to 1:05, capture and promote the remaining planet on your side.
- From 1:06 to 1:11, you can see that green has already promoted its triple planet all the way while orange is only promoted to a double. For this reason I start sending units to the side of the green triple, both to prevent it from attacking me and to prepare for an attack on it.
- From 1:12 to 1:14, as soon as green captures the center planet, move your units close to the green triple. Green should be making a move to promote the center planet to a double and you want to be ready.
- From 1:15 to 1:25, as soon as green sends units from the triple towards the center planet you want to destroy, capture and promote the planet all the way to triple. Don’t use units from the two planets nearest the orange triple or it will make them an inviting target for orange. Promoting this planet all the way to triple will burn the fog off of the lower right quadrant and allow you to see and attack all of those planets.
- From 1:26 to 1:39, as soon as orange starts attacking the center green planet, you want to get your units ready to attack the orange triple. When you’ve massed enough units, destroy the orange triple planet, then capture and promote it all the way to triple. Now the fog is burned off where you can see all planets.
How you attack from here depends on who is the strongest opponent and how the opponents are attacking each other.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.