I played Toll the same way over and over, trying to get a better time. The way I used to play Toll is shown in a previous walk-through. Finally, I looked for a different strategy. This strategy was started by asking myself the question, “What is the worst initial move that my opponent could make?” The answer came from remembering the approach I used in the Commute walk-through.
- From 0:00 to 0:05, attack both of the double planets adjacent to orange. What you’re are trying to do is get orange to send its units to the moving planet. In this video I first send units towards the bottom of the screen before attacking both double planets. I was just trying something different, this is not necessary for this approach to work.
- From 0:06 to 0:10, once orange sends its units towards the moving planet, redirect your units to doubling up your initial planet.
- From 0:11 to 0:22, peel off some units from your double and use them to attack one of the orange double planets. Use units from your double to attack the other orange double. This is designed to force orange to capture the moving planet. This is to keep units out of the orange enclave and limit how fast orange can grow.
- From 0:23 to 0:46, capture and promote all the planets in your enclave.
- From 0:47 to 1:00, when the moving planet comes back to your enclave you want to destroy, capture and build up as many units as possible on it.
- From 1:01 to 1:17, after the moving planet enters the orange enclave, wait for orange to promote a planet to double, then attack that planet. You will not have enough units to destroy the planet, you just want to injure it as much as possible so you delay orange getting to full strength
- From 1:18 to 1:27, load all of your units on the moving planet, and keep sending units as it moves into the orange enclave.
- From 1:28 to 1:36, peel off about half of the units to the side of the orange double that has already been promoted. When orange promotes the other double, attack and destroy it with units from the moving planet. At the same time, use the units that you peeled off earlier to attack and destroy the other orange double planet.
As soon as both double planets are destroyed, use all of your units to attack and destroy the orange triple planet.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.