In other walk-throughs I’ve mentioned that your first move is to prevent an opponent from capturing the planet they most want to capture. In Commute, the first move for each opponent is to capture the double planet directly in front of them. It took me a long time, but I finally paid attention to my own advice and developed a strategy that prevents my two adjacent opponents from making their most advantageous capture in their first move.
- From 0:00 to 0:07, send your units out to the left and then use them to attack the double planet just in front of green. As soon as green makes a move to capture a moving planet, redirect the units to attack the double planet in front of orange. If green or orange do anything other than attempt to capture a moving planet, start over.
- From 0:08 to 0:47, capture and promote all planets in your enclave. Also, capture the moving planet that goes between you and orange.
- From 0:48 to 1:06, start moving your units around the minefield between you and orange. You want to position these units near the orange triple planet so you can take it out as soon as it is promoted to a triple.
- From 1:07 to 1:22, as soon as orange promotes its triple planet you want to destroy, capture and promote it all the way to triple.
- From 1:23 to 1:27, if the front orange planet isn’t promoted to double, use the attack and release method to get it to try to promote itself. This will make it a more inviting target for purple..
- From 1:28 to 1:35, now it’s a waiting game to see who purple attacks..
- From 1:36 to 1:47, since purple attacks green, you want to destroy, capture and promote the orange double, you also want to destroy the moving purple planet.
- From 1:48 to 2:09, destroy and capture the green moving planet. Put as many of your units on that planet as possible. At the same time move as many of the units from your bottom enclave to a position where you can get around the minefield between you and purple.
- From 2:10 to 2:12, if everything goes according to plan, green will attack purple instead of you. When that happens, use your mass of units to start taking out the green planets.
- From 2:12 to 2:14, attack the moving purple planet to prompt purple to send reinforcements through the minefield.
From this point, use the units you’ve moved into both the green and purple enclaves to destroy the remaining planets as quickly as possible.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.