While playing Crux using the strategy covered in a previous post, green partially captured the second planet on the back row and didn’t complete the capture. This was the first time I noticed this happening to me and I took advantage of the opportunity. I’ve had it happen since and had times under two minutes, but never even close to this time.
I think that the Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Auralux has a rule that prevents it from sending units to a planet that is vulnerable to the gamma ray burst when it is within a certain number of seconds of the burst. At eighteen seconds into this video, green sends units to a gamma ray vulnerable planet to partially capture it. I think those units were just before this point and after that the AI wouldn’t send enough to capture the planet. If that isn’t the case, you can still take advantage of this when it happens.
Because of this, greens growth was stunted and it made it take longer to promote its triple planet. This allowed me time to build up enough units to take it out easily.
Also, because of this, at 51 seconds I was able to degrade the remaining green gamma ray vulnerable planet to where it couldn’t reconstitute itself after the gamma ray burst.
- From the 0:00 to 0:12, use slightly more than half of your units to attack the singleton next to orange, then send the remaining units against the singleton next to green, while continually sending new units against there. In this video it is orange that first gives up and captures a planet on the back row, other times it will be green. When orange does give up, redirect all units to capture the singleton next to green and force it to capitulate and go to the back row.
- From 0:13 to 0:42, capture the three singletons on the green side and build up units for the attack on the green triple planet. At 0:18, green sends units to a second planet on the back row, but doesn’t complete the capture. That is the first key to the time I got in this video.
- From 0:43 to 0:47, when green starts promoting its triple send your units to a point past the triple, Then, just as your units are getting there and green absorbs its units into the triple, destroy the planet.
- From 0:48 to 0:51, use your units to degrade the remaining green planet. If you degrade this green planet enough, it won’t be able to reconstitute itself after the gamma ray burst. This is the second key to the time I got in this video.
- From 0:52 to 0:56, orange hasn’t promoted to triple yet. We need to get our units next to it to be prepared to take it out when it does.
- From 0:57 to 1:02, as soon as orange promotes to triple, attack and destroy it. This is the third key to the time in this video. Other times when I’ve accomplished keys 1 and 2, the remaining opponent promoted to triple earlier and was quite a bit stronger than it is in this video.
- From 1:03 to 1:09, here I’m trying to degrade the orange planet that is going to get zapped with the gamma ray burst so that it won’t be able to reconstitute. I wasn’t able to do that and after the burst, I continue trying to destroy it until I realize that the other orange planet is right next to a planet that is about 90% captured by orange. That is when I redirect my attack against that planet.
All that is left is destroying those two remaining orange planets.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.