Some of the tactics I use in other constellations will not work in the Cygnus (Fog) constellation. You can’t attack from a distance to get your opponent to move their units into a position less likely to attack you. Ambush is the exception to that. Once your triple planet is promoted all the way, you can see most of the opponent planets and you have access to attack.
The strategy I use for Ambush is to capture both singletons next to me and then capture the far singleton on the side of the opponent that captures the top center double planet. Then I use fake attacks in an attempt to get the opponents to bring units from their triple planet down to where they will then attack the other opponent. When they start attacking each other, it’s time for my attack to begin.
- From 0:00 to 0:15, you need to get your triple promoted all the way so you can see more of the opponents.
- From 0:16 to 0:28, now I’m planning on capturing both singletons next to my triple.
- From 0:29 to 0:38, when orange moves to capture the top center double planet, I change my plans and go ahead and capture both singletons on the orange side. Here green starts to capture the center singleton. My strategy works best when this happens.
- From 0:39 to 0:46, now we can capture the singleton on the green side.
- From 0:47 to 1:03, here I alternately attack the green and orange double planets to try and get them to send units down from their triple planet. Orange finally does this and then uses those units to initiate an attack on green.
- From 1:04 to 1:21, now that they are attacking each other, my attack will begin with the orange double. I attack here so that when I destroy and capture the orange double and triple planets, the top center orange planet will be a buffer between me and green to allow me time without green attacking.
- From 1:22 to 1:31, now its time to collect your units and prepare for an attack on green. Note how green is attacking the top orange planet while I’m doing this. I go ahead and re-capture the singleton on the green side. This is more to have a place to collect all of my units while I’m waiting for green to destroy the top orange planet.
- From 1:32 to 1:48, time to take out the green double and triple planets.
From here all that is left is to clean up the remaining planets.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.