The leaderboard for Garrison is broken on android, at least it is for me. The leaderboard displays results in reverse order, so the slowest time is #1 and you have to page through everyone to see who has the best score. That is not something I’m going to do. On iOS, the leaderboard works correctly, which is nice.
The approach to use on Garrison is simple, set up where you can build up enough units to destroy an opponents gas giant as soon as it promotes itself, while you are also positioning units to destroy the other opponents gas giant just as it promotes. If you do this correctly, and the opponents cooperate, you’ll have the opponents positioned next to each other where they are likely to attack each other instead of you.
- From 0:00 to 0:32, after doubling up your initial planet, attack and capture the singleton next to one of your opponents. I usually attack the one next to orange, but either one should work. I always like it when both orange and green make their first capture on the same side of the screen, bringing their units closer to contact.
- From 0:33 to 0:55, my best times seem to come when orange makes this move to capture the center planet. It gets them closer to green and delays the promotion of their triple planet, which is good. While that is happening you need to finish your initial captures and promote the gas giant to a triple to give you more firepower.
- From 0:56 to 1:06, now you need to mass your units on the singleton next to the orange gas giant. When you get enough there to take out and capture the gas giant, start massing them on the green side to prepare for an attack over there.
- From 1:07 to 1:24, as soon as orange promotes the gas giant to a triple, you need to take it out and capture it. Meanwhile, keep on massing your units for the attack on the green gas giant.
- From 1:25 to 1:31, as soon as the green gas giant promotes itself you need to destroy and capture it.
How things play out from here depend on your opponents. I like to wait until they make a move to attack each other and then attack the planet they just made weaker. And of course, the sooner you take out their doubles, the better.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.