With Helix I used to think I needed to promote all of the doubles I captured, believing I needed them at full strength. Now I don’t promote them and instead capture as many planets as possible. My thought with this is to get all the planets captured as quickly as possible, in order to try and get the opponents attacking each other sooner.
I intentionally leave the center planet alone. If I do capture it, the opponents are likely to attack it. And, if its left unoccupied, the opponents will occasionally fight over it, and that is when I get my best times.
- From 0:00 to 0:07, I start out with an attack on the double next to green. I have no intention of capturing that planet, but I want green to double up. The reason for this is now greens next move will almost always be to capture the double next to it. If I had allowed its initial capture to be that double planet, then those two planets would most likely capture a planet I want to capture.
- From 0:08 to 0:49, the initial captures are almost complete, and this is the first benefit of capturing the planets I did. Orange is moving in between the three green planets and there is no way green can resist attacking.
- From 0:50 to 0:59, now all of the planets except the center planet are occupied by someone.
- From 1:00 to 1:04, time to start destroying some opponents. You’ll notice that green is making a move to capture the center planet. Occasionally green and orange will fight over that center planet. Orange doesn’t cooperate here.
- From 1:05 to 1:17, destroying the green outer planets. If orange had fought green for the center planet, it wouldn’t have had the excess of units it used here to destroy one of my planets.
- From 1:18 to 1:27, destroy the last outer orange planet.
- From 1:27 to 1:39, first I destroy the orange double and then move my units to the side. What I was trying here was to have orange move to recapture the planet I just destroyed, which they did, What I really wanted though, was for green to then attack orange. Some times that works and then I can just destroy green.
Since green didn’t cooperate, I had to go ahead and destroy them both.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.