I have played Cincture the same way for a long time and was able to get some good times, the approach I used to use can be found here. I’ve developed a new approach that makes a good time easier to achieve. The new approach captures two double planets on the perimeter, gets one of them promoted to double and the other is almost promoted. There is also a feature of this approach that discourages orange from partially capturing a perimeter double planet. This makes it less likely for that perimeter planet to be captured at a later time.
- From 0:00 to 0:08, your initial units are sent to capture the perimeter double planet between purple and orange.
- From 0:09 to 0:17, after waiting a few seconds, send units from you center planet towards the perimeter double planet between purple and green. Then send any units from you already captured perimeter planet behind purples perimeter planet. When I was first developing this approach I noticed that I would get this perimeter double promoted well before the shock wave arrived. It seemed that if I could peel some units off early on, they could be put to better use on the other perimeter double.
- From 0:18 to 0:22, the units from the perimeter double between purple and orange are sent towards the perimeter double between orange and green. This causes orange to give up on capturing that planet. When orange sends its units elsewhere, those units are brought back into the perimeter double to start the promotion process.
- From 0:23 to 0:47, now it is all about getting both of your perimeter planets promoted to double, if possible, before the shock waves passes. I have come very close to having them both promoted to double, but I haven’t done it yet.
- From 0:48 to 1:18, after the shock wave passes, get both of your perimeter doubles promoted, then start moving your units into the vicinity of the purple perimeter planet. When you get enough units there, use the attack, release trick to get it to try to promote, then destroy, capture and promote the planet.
- From 1:19 to 1:34, in this position it is likely that green is going to try to capture the perimeter planet. I am attacking the green double planet to try to discourage green from going after that perimeter planet, that didn’t work but I was saved by orange attacking a green singleton.
- From 1:35 to 1:47, now it’s time to destroy the two remaining perimeter double planets and capture and promote them if possible.
- From 1:48 to 2:09, once the shock wave passes, you should complete any partial captures or promote any partial promotions, then let your units build up for when the shock wave starts to uncover the inner planets.
One thing to pay attention to at this point is that green has a partial capture on a perimeter planet. If I had waited too long to destroy the green planets, they would have tried to capture that outer planet. If you are lucky like I was here and no one has captured the center planet, you could get a really good time.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.