My strategy for Influx took a while to develop, but is rather simple. You want to force your opponents to battle over the top half of the board, while you dominate the lower half. In my approach there are two planets that are key, you have to capture these two planets to get a really good time. Those planets are the double planet next the orange triple planet and the singleton just above that double planet.
While capturing these planets doesn’t guarantee a good time, I don’t see how you can get a good time without them.
- From 0:00 to 0:21, double up your initial planet and launch an attack on the double planet next to orange. The problem here is orange really wants that double planet. There are four moves that orange can make, only one of them is good for us. If orange does anything but capture the singleton directly above its triple planet, then I restart the game.
- From 0:22 to 0:42, At 0:28, I attack the orange singleton in an attempt to get orange to send reinforcements from its bottom triple planet, it didn’t work in this case but occasionally it does. What we want is to get as many orange units towards the top of the board as possible. This not only gets them away from you, but it gets them into position to battle green. Finally you want to capture the two remaining singletons on the lower left of the board.
- From 0:43 to 1:02, move your units in to position to capture the orange triple planet just after it promotes itself. Before the walls go up at around 1:03, you want to have captured the lower left triple planet and start the process of doubling up the planet next to it.
- From 1:03 to 1:24, In this phase, before the walls come down, you want to capture the bottom singleton and the double planet just above it. You also want to have promoted any of your planets to the max possible.
- From 1:25 to 1:45, you want to bide your time and not attack too quickly. If you attack too quick your opponents will respond by attacking you. At 1:30, I do a short attack on greens top double planet. The attempt here is to get green to send reinforcements towards the top of the board and away from me.
- From 1:46 to 2:06, you need to destroy greens triple planet. My approach is to slide my units past the green singleton, then attack and capture the green triple.
How it goes from here on out determines how good of a score you have. You not only need to destroy as many of your opponents as possible before the walls come back up at 2:28. You also need to make sure that when the walls do come up, your units are in the correct location to destroy the remaining opponents.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.