The breakthrough for me in reboot was to modify the behavior of purple, I wanted him to promote his planet instead of occupying his front singleton. I’ve used this in other places, here the problem was that I had to modify purple’s behavior and still be able to occupy the top center double planet before the shock wave passed over it.
The modification I used in attacking purple can be seen at the beginning of the video. The initial move is to the right not attacking anything, then when purple is attacked the units are moving towards the center double planet so that when purple promotes itself, the units are close to their destination.
- From 0:00 to 0:11, This is the move to get purple to promote to a double and prevent him from capturing his singleton.
- From 0:11 to 0:19, absorbing a few units into the newly captured double planet, then peeling off units before the shock wave arrives. At 0:19, this attack on the purple singleton is to try and deny it to purple. Quite often purple will attack this singleton, then withdraw the attack prior to capturing it, as it senses that the shock wave is getting too close. Even though purple wouldn’t capture the singleton, the partial capture of it can alter how the rest of the game plays out.
- From 0:19 to 0:32, capture your singleton and peel off as many units as possible before the shock wave arrives.
- From 0:32 to 0:42, promoting your center planet to double.
- From 0:42 to 0:51, promoting you initial planet to double.
- From 0:51 to 0:56, an attack on the orange singleton. Without something to discourage orange, it is more likely to attack the bottom double planet than green. This attack on orange makes it more likely that green will attack that planet, which is what we want to happen.
- From 0:56 to 1:14, gather your units for the attack on green, then at the right time destroy the green double, then the green singleton. Notice that green has a partial capture of the bottom center double planet. This discourages orange and purple from trying to capture that planet.
- From 1:14 to 1:28, you need to gather your forces for an attack on orange.
- From 1:28 to 1:32, destroy the orange double planet.
- From 1:32 to 1:43, destroy the purple double planet.
- Wait for the shock wave to pass so you can destroy the remaining planets.
In this video I could have used some of my units at the 1:40 or so mark to attack and weaken the orange singleton. This would have made it easier to destroy it after the shock wave passed.
If you leave a comment, please use the same name you use on Auralux 2. Also, indicate if you play on Android or iOS.